Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Feel Free To Comment


So I've realized something in the last few months. I really don't care a lot what my appearance looks like, I go bald, I grow a long goatee (sp), I grow my hair, I shave my goatee, whatever. (I didn't realize this in the last week I've known it all along). I don't know if it is my personality or my somewhat upfront public status in my life and job, but people always feel like they can say whatever they want about how I look. Now the reason I am writing this blog is not because I really care about what they say, like I said I don't care. But for instance after I shaved off my beard this summer someone said "Oh you look so much better that beard was just disgusting" I started to grow it back immediately. I've also had a little agreement with my boys during sabbatical, they asked if I would grow my hair out because they don't remember what I look like with hair. I agreed and they then threw in the additional requirement that I not cut it until I'm done with sabbatical. (May 25ish) This last week 3 different people said "Your hair is getting pretty long, when are you going to cut it" 1 even followed with "and your beard is getting long again" Now I'm thinking about keeping the hair until I can't handle it anymore (it's really hot in the summer time) A lot of this has to do with me being a little rebellious and doing things to get the comments obviously, but it still floors me a little bit. Want to make a comment feel free. I'd love to hear it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you do whatever you want. Plus I love to see it all wild and crazy!

    ReplyDelete